Acorn is the company that wants to help, guide and inspire you to achieve your full potential.
We have a great team here, with an exciting, dynamic and driven group of people. We have won several awards, including Thames Valley SME Business of the Year, Employer of the Year (Slough Business Awards) and Green Apple Award Winner and continue to build on these accolades.
You will require a specialist knowledge in commercial air conditioning units and a dynamic and motivated approach. You will also require a general knowledge of building services to provide service and repair works to our contracts in South East England and London.
This is a mobile role and requires the applicant to travel to various sites around London and the South East England area. This role would suit an individual that can work using their own initiative and have a proactive approach to undertake all tasks required, a conscientious and reliable team player and someone who has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- To provide maintenance and repair services to various types of air conditioning systems on our wide portfolio of contracts
- To undertake planned preventative maintenance, servicing and repair works across various contracts in accordance with relevant legislation
- To regularly and effectively communicate with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors in order to maintain and develop excellent relationships and ensure smooth operation of the business
- Liaising with our internal Acorn customer care team to create a collaborative and successful support function
- Attend to call outs during normal working hours and in addition will be part of the out-of-hours emergency call out rota
- The job holder will be expected to organise their work and time efficiently and to work supportively within a team
- Punctual site attendance, well-presented wearing relevant PPE and clothing issued
- Completing and submitting clear, concise and accurate reporting for works carried out and any further work required
- To be in regular communications with the contracts managers on the relevant job progressions
Qualifications and Experience required
- F-Gas Cat 1
- NVQ Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Skills
- City & Guilds 7189 Level 2 Technical Diploma in Refrigeration, Air-conditioning, and Heat Pumps
- Level 2 Diploma in Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Systems
If you are interested in applying, please contact Yasmin Hussain (In-House Recruiter) on 01753 872560 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.