Are you skilled, experienced and professional? If so, Acorn Maintenance Engineering would love to hear from you.
If you're looking for a career working for one of the UK's leading independent building services maintenance provider in London then Acorn Maintenance Engineering is the company that wants to help, guide and inspire you to achieve your full potential.
We have a great team here, with an exciting, dynamic and driven group of people. We have won several awards, including Thames Valley SME Business of the Year 2017, Employer of the Year 2017 (Slough Business Awards) and Green Apple Award Winner 2017 and continue to build on these accolades.
We are currently looking for an experienced Boiler Engineer with specialist knowledge of boilers/combustion and Gas Safe compliance to join our existing team. You will need to be a motivated engineer with a proactive approach and a practical knowledge of general building services to provide service and repair works to our client portfolio in London.
This is a mobile role and requires the applicant to travel to various sites around London and the South East of England. This role would suit an individual that can work using their own initiative and have a proactive approach to undertake all tasks required, a conscientious and reliable team player and someone who has excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong leadership qualities and be focused on developing their team and processes to deliver a safe and compliant environment for our employees and clients alike.
- To provide boiler/combustion servicing and repair works across various contracts.
- To undertake planned preventative maintenance, servicing and repair works across various contracts in accordance with relevant current legislation.
- To regularly and effectively communicate with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors in order to maintain and develop excellent relationships and ensure smooth operation of the business.
- Liaising with internal Acorn helpdesk and administration teams to create a collaborative and successful support function.
- Attend to call outs during normal working hours and in addition will be part of the out-of-hours emergency call out rota.
- The job holder will be expected to organise their work and time efficiently and to work supportively within a team.
- Punctual site attendance, well-presented wearing relevant PPE and clothing issued.
- Completing and submitting clear, concise and accurate reporting for works carried out and any further work required.
- To be in regular communications with the Contracts Managers on the relevant job progressions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of H.V.A.C Industry
- Knowledge of combustion systems
- Knowledge of building services
- Proven experience in gas compliance
- CEN1 (E)
- OFTEC qualification
- Driving Licence
- Strong PC Skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Trained in Health and Safety
- IOSH – Managing Safely
If you are interested in applying, please contact Yasmin Hussain (In-House Recruiter) on 01753 872560 or email your CV to HR@acornlimited.co.uk.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability.